Welcome to my blog and all of the quirky, entertaining experiences that come with it. I originally started up this website as a way to keep all of my writing and work in one place, but now I hope to share some of my stories as I travel around the world.
It all started with the procrastination of ‘adulting,’ as I call it, and taking a few months off after graduating college to venture to far flung lands. My trip began with Australia, New Zealand, India, and accidentally ended with Asia.
I say accidentally because I had every intention of exploring a vast expanse of Southeast Asia, but instead ended up falling in love with a little island in the south of Thailand called Koh Tao. Try as I did, I couldn’t leave this laid-back, chilled out beauty of a rock. It also didn’t help that every ounce of my soul became absolutely enamored with freediving. (What the heck is freediving? More info on that here.)
So I decided to stay. I packed up my 40L Osprey bag, one small backpack, and moved my life to Thailand to work as a freediving instructor. Unexpected? Slightly nerve-wracking? Totally worth it? Yes, yes, and heck yes.
I still don’t know exactly what the future holds, but that’s the most exciting part. Anything is possible!
So, since you’re on this ‘About Me’ page, here are some random, and hopefully interesting or at least entertaining, facts about me:
- I love writing, photography, and all things creative. Guess that would explain why I have a blog…
- My favorite food is macaroni and cheese but I am a bottomless pit that will eat as long as there is food in front of me.
- In my 23 years, I’m lucky enough to have been to 6 continents. Each and every one has been special for different reasons, but India has by far had the biggest impact on me.
- I’m not very good at fun facts.
- One day I would love to be able to speak Spanish fluently, but for now I listen to podcasts wherever I walk and hope that one magical morning my brain will remember it.
I’m a nature lover, idea generator, both a wandering and a wondering soul, a little things enthusiast, and a storyteller. I hope to share my adventures with you and bring them to this little corner of the internet.